Where you buy not only affects the home’s current and future value, but it also affects your lifestyle. Your agent will be able to conduct a more targeted home search if you outline your preferences in neighborhoods and nearby amenities. Here’s a checklist of items you should consider and communicate to your chosen real estate agent.* Urban, suburban or rural
* Commute time
* School districts
* Desirable neighborhoods
* Proximity to the airport
* Proximity to restaurants and retail
* Access to major highways and thoroughfares
* Access to public transportation
* Health care facilities
* Parks and recreation
* Length of time you plan to live in the home (Your agent should be knowledgeable about growth trends and projections that could affect your investment.)How can a real estate agent help me?
A Buyer’s Real Estate Agent:
• Educates you about your market.
• Analyzes your wants and needs.
• Guides you to homes that fit your criteria.
• Coordinates the work of other needed professionals.
• Negotiates on your behalf.
• Checks and double-checks paperwork and deadlines.
• Solves any problems that may arise.